Bangkok offers the best of both worlds. You will find a bustling city on one hand and peaceful temples on the other. There is no denying the fact that Bangkok attracts more tourists every year than the other Asian countries do. This is because of the fact that there are three important key elements of lifestyle that work in favor of the city. Those three elements are:
Bangkok is home to the Thailand Stock Exchange, which, in turn, is the headquarters for most of the reputable banks and companies within Thailand.
The popular industries of Thailand, other than tourism, are real estate, retail, finance, business, and automotive industries and the food industry of Bangkok is also an important sector
Listed below are 4 popular areas of Bangkok. The names on the list are listed according to their proximity to the city center.
Bangkok has predominantly tropical monsoon weather. There are three distinct seasons in Bangkok; summer season from March to June, monsoon from July to October and a comparatively cooler season from November to February. This cooler season is when tourists visit the city in numbers. Although Bangkok is the hottest city in the world, according to the World Meteorological Society, and the statement is based on a 12 month average of high and low temperatures.
The most humid months are September to October and April to May. With the arrival of the southwest monsoons in May, the humidity will stay lower from May to October.
Getting Around In Bangkok
Bangkok traffic can be a nightmare if you are unaware of which mode of transportation to take. The transportation system in Bangkok is very well-developed. Considering the number of tourists that visit each year, transport links reach far and wide and connects all parts of the city.
The BTS Sky train and the underground railway connect the shopping centers, hospitals, business hubs and areas of entertainment to the heart of the city. You can also avail of the river taxis and private river cruises to explore the historic attractions of the city.
The most interesting part of Bangkok’s transportation is the Tuk-Tuk and is a major part of tourist attraction in the city.
Job opportunities are in abundance in the city of Bangkok due to the large tourist industry. However, foreigners entering Bangkok are not allowed to work, irrespective of their visa type unless they have a work permit.
The first step to acquiring a work visa is, to begin with, a non-immigrant visa. The next step is to apply for a work permit visa that will take about 7 business days to process at the Ministry of Labour Office.
You are given a work permit under strict conditions, the foreigner should have a resident or non-immigrant visa, the employer has to provide all documents required for the work permit and the chosen occupation should be legal in the country of Thailand. After the submission of the important documents, the foreigner will be given a work permit.
The economy of Bangkok is largely dependent on its industrial sector. This sector has been contributing to the growth of the economy since 1970. Manufacturing, Textile products, agricultural products, beverages, food, tobacco, and clothing have all played a significant role in growing the economy.
1 USD equals to 31.78 Thai Baht. The Thai Baht has been performing well and it has outranked all other Asian currencies and has had a 4% rise in comparison to the US Dollar.
Apart from tourism, the real estate market of Bangkok is also growing and many world-class developers are purchasing land in Bangkok and redefining urban living in the city. Since these areas of living are designed with a global outlook, they are highly popular among foreign investors and there has been a significant rise of Medical tourist to the city looking for Plastic and Cosmetic surgery.
The official language for all communication is English. However, the local language spoken in Bangkok is essentially the Thai language. All instructions in educational institutions are offered in the English language.
People in Bangkok understand the importance of being globally popular. This is why the handshake is the standard mode of greeting. The working hours are strict but shorter than many other Asian countries.
The important public holidays in Bangkok begin with 1st January, New Year’s Day. Songkran Festival is celebrated from 13th to 15th of April. 5th May celebrates Coronation Day while 10th of December is Constitution Day.
• Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Implements and monitors patient care plans.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
• Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
• Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
• Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
• Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing protocol.
• Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
• Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
• Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant others considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
• Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
• Validates and documents patient and family understanding of teaching.
• Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN preferred.
• Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
• Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
• ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 1 year of employment if employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is administered.
• Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion (CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) areas.
• Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation cycle, if they work in medical oncology, radiation oncology, cancer center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy within an accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.
Complexity of Work:
• Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
• Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital setting required for acute care settings.
• Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or skilled nursing facility (SNF) experience required for SNF care settings.
• Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab experience required for rehab care settings.
• Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
• Will consider licensed military RN experience.
• Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
• Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
• Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
• Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
• Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
• Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
• Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The Cleveland Clinic is a multispecialty academic hospital in Cleveland, Ohio, that is owned and operated by the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, an Ohio nonprofit corporation established in 1921. In addition to our flagship hospital in Cleveland, the Cleveland Clinic operates affiliated facilities in Florida, Nevada, Canada, and the United Arab Emirates.
The Cleveland Clinic is nationally recognized as one of the top medical centers in the US and the world, particularly in technological and management systems and in the treatment of cardiovascular disease. For high acuity conditions requiring special expertise or the latest technology, we are ranked as the #2 hospital by U.S. News & World Report (USNWR).
Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll match you to the most relevant Hospital Please provide some additional details for your application Almost there - Please provide some details about your job search in general