Reporting to the Facility Manager, the Maintenance Engineer and Manager plan, direct, and coordinate activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance, of equipment and machinery, in an industrial power plant.
Position is responsible for the overall management of facility mechanical, electrical and instrumental/control activities. This primarily includes long term planning, scheduling, and strategic development of all maintenance activities on boilers, turbines and associated equipment.
Duties include providing annual budgeting information, monthly expense, and monthly forecasting updates. Additional job tasks include directing the mechanical and electrical supervisors, lead personnel, and contractors on all daily and long term maintenance activities, including prioritizing work activities, preventive maintenance scheduling, scheduled/unscheduled boiler and turbine generator outages.
The selected candidate will lead the effort to create an environment that develops employees to drive change and improve systems. Must be committed to train and empower employees on proper maintenance work practices and troubleshooting skills.
• The ideal candidate will have a B.S. in Engineering / Business Management.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in industrial maintenance supervision or management.
• Extensive background in plant maintenance, including the repair and maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment.
• Ample knowledge of electrical and instrumentation systems.
• Understanding of steam plant operations, preferably in energy-from-waste, including practical field experience involving equipment installation, maintenance overhaul, and operations.
• Considerable experience in management work order systems, work order backlogs, and preventive and predictive maintenance.
• High level of knowledge and experience with maintenance management or asset management enterprise system. PeopleSoft ALM experience is desirable.
• Ability to keep spare parts at optimum levels.
• Reasonable knowledge of maintenance budgeting and cost control methodologies.
• Proficient in MS Office, especially with Excel (spreadsheets, modeling, and pivot tables) and Outlook.
• Ability to communicate effectively with employees, management, and at different levels of the organization.
Salary: Impressive and market related.
The Dow Chemical Company, commonly referred to as Dow, is an American multinational chemical corporation headquartered in Midland, Michigan, United States, and the predecessor of the merged company DowDuPont. In the first quarter of 2017, it was the second-largest chemical manufacturer in the world by revenue (after BASF) and as of February 2009, the third-largest chemical company in the world by market capitalization (after BASF and DuPont). It ranked second in the world by chemical production in 2014.
Dow manufactures plastics, chemicals, and agricultural products. With a presence in about 160 countries, thereby employing about 54,000 people worldwide. Currently we have at most seven different major operating segments, with a wide variety of products made by each one. Its 2012 sales totaled approximately $57 billion. Dow has been called the "chemical companies' chemical company" in that most of its sales are to other industries rather than end-users. Dow sells directly to end-users primarily in the human and animal health and consumer products markets.
We are also a bonafide member of the American Chemistry Council with a tagline as the "Solutionism".
On September 1, 2017 we merged with DuPont to create DowDuPont Inc., the world's current largest chemical company in terms of sales.
Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll match you to the most relevant Hospital Please provide some additional details for your application Almost there - Please provide some details about your job search in general