Position: Tax and Treasury Manager
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Contract Term Permanent
Tax Planning & Advisory
• Develops procedures for tax compliance, administration, and planning. Advise management and internal customers about the impact of new laws, decisions, regulations, rulings and proposed legislation in taxes and related areas. Recommends adoption of changes in tax policy.
• Oversees all aspects of tax compliance ensuring that all activities are appropriately managed including: estimated taxes, tax return preparation & filing, tax provisions and tax aspects in new products or market moving.
• Provides consultation as subject tax expert, coordinating the resolution of tax issues in the company as well as procedures to internal and external parties at the local, regional and corporate levels.
• Managing operational tax compliance both International & Domestic tax (Excise Taxes, VAT, Withholding Tax, Transfer Pricing, Land & Building Tax)
• Ensure compliance to Excise Tax law, coordinate with Corporate Affair and or Legal on alignment to company’s Excise tax strategy
• Monitor Intercompany transactions, continuously improve transfer pricing methodology and documentation as well as support the execution of benchmarking studies.
• Represents Chevron in Petroleum Institute of Thailand (PTIT) in tax law change/feedback which is obstacle for Oil industry.
• Coach tax team to develop tax technical skills.
• Manages all tax audits including negotiating settlements and litigating tax disputes.
• Establishes and maintains relationship with governmental agencies, industry and business units to move forward and negotiate suggested changes rulings and interpretations. The deals include all duties & tax matters and collecting claim as a lawful attorney.
• Deals and defends for corporate income tax return and annual withholding tax claim.
Tax Return and Tax Refund
• Supervises the excise tax return and payment, oil price stabilization fund, and energy conservation fund to be in efficient manner. Follow up and monitoring status of all tax refund.
• Supervises the submission of all Tax returns; VAT, Withholding tax, Excise Tax, Special business tax, Land and building tax, Sign board tax in efficient manner.
Account Payable / Disbursement Processes
• Manages Account Payable and disbursement transactions efficiently and timely. The transactions include invoice processing, payment request, expense reports, corporate cards and real estate set up. Clean up related outstanding items especially employee accounts, corporate card overdue, and original tax invoice follow up.
• Coordinate with Finance Share Service on overall AP function, foreign currency settlements, Corporate card, Chevron Travel and Expense (CTREX), vendor maintenance and issues resolutions.
• Ensures that all payment processing thru Account Service Coordinator is in accordance with Table of Commitment Authority (TOCA) and SOX requirements.
• Coordinates with Singapore Regional Treasury Center to ensure Corporate Treasury Function is performed smoothly especially daily cash flow, bank facility terms and conditions, timely preparing required document submission.
• Maintains good relationship with local and foreign banks in Thailand for routine operation and new initiatives.
• Facilitates personal movement, succession planning and career development processes to recruit, develop and retain qualified and motivated Finance staffs.
• Effectively applies the Performance Management Process to provide employees with regular and timely feedback; differentiate and hold them accountable for performance and challenge them to grow professionally.
• Reviews and identifies improvement opportunities on Tax, Compliance, Collection, Accounts Payable and Treasury processes.
• Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned including participating in special projects.
Any interested candidates please apply with your update CV and contact details, only shortlisted candidate will be contacted by our Consultant for further evaluation.
Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll match you to the most relevant Hospital Please provide some additional details for your application Almost there - Please provide some details about your job search in general