I. Position Information
The position is locally administered by UNDP but is financed centrally by the United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS).
Pre-classified Grade: ICS-6
Reports to: Chief Security Adviser / Deputy Security Adviser
II. Organizational Context
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Chief Security Adviser (CSA), Deputy Security Adviser (DSA) or the Field Security Coordination Officer (FSCO), the Local Security Associate assists in the implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for UN personnel in the country or in the region of assignment.
III. Functions / Key Results Expected
The functions/duties/key results of this job description are generic and not all duties are carried out by all Local Security Associate.
Summary of key functions:
1. Assists the CSA/DSA/FSCO in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the country:
2. Assists in maintaining the Security Plan, including updating UN personnel lists:
3. Assists the CSA/DSA/FSCO in monitoring compliance with SRM Measures established for the duty station. Also assists with the compilation of data required for the SRM Measures Self-Assessment Programme.
4. Assists in reporting security incidents affecting UN personnel, offices and assets, and assists in the preparation of security reports, such as the Security Incident Report, the Security Assessments and the Quarterly Incident Report.
5. Provides support in organizing and conducting training courses on security awareness and preparedness, and providing security orientation to newly assigned personnel members. Conducts security briefings, as required.
6. Provides general administrative assistance to the CSA/DSA/FSCO:
7. Performs other security-related tasks assigned by the CSA/DSA/FSCO:
IV. Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the accurate and timely implementation of the overall UN security programme at the country level.
Commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter and the Organization’s core values – Professionalism, Integrity and Respect for Diversity
Planning and Organizing: Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor his/her own work plan with minimum supervision. Ability to work under pressure or in crisis situations. Availability to travel within the area of responsibility.
Creativity: Ability to actively seek to improve services, offer new and different options to solve problems/meet client needs, and promote and persuade others to consider new ideas
Teamwork: Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to listen and work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
Communication: Proven and sustained communication (verbal and written) skills.
VI. Recruitment Qualifications
Education: Secondary education is required. Diploma from Police of military education institution, college or academy First level (Bachelor) or Advanced Degree is desirable.
Experience: A minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in security, risk or disaster or emergency management in the public or private service areas, such as national security, military or police, or in a corporate environment and experience in Police, Military, in the public, private or corporate sector security operations are required. Seven (7) years of progressively security experience is desirable.
Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO is desirable.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Thai is required (national language). Knowledge of another UN Language (Arabic, French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese) is desirable.
Other Skills and Requirements:
Interested candidates please submit online application via "Apply Now"
by 16 Jun 2020 (Midnight NY time)
This position is open for Thai nationals only.
Only short -listed candidates will be notified.
Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll match you to the most relevant Hospital Please provide some additional details for your application Almost there - Please provide some details about your job search in general