Teach For Thailand is looking for an Associate to join the CEO’s Office in a 12 month contract role with an opportunity to renew. The ideal candidate will have a professional background that has required them to work at a fast pace on a variety of reactive and proactive tasks and projects. This person will be highly comfortable with ambiguity and with readjusting to a rapidly-changing environment. They will have exceptional detail orientation, with demonstrable experience implementing solid personal management systems that enable them to keep track of dozens of scheduling requests, travel arrangements, meetings, and requests for the CEO’s time and input.
The Associate will be compassionate and deliberate, with a keen ability to place themselves in the CEO’s shoes and find strategic and creative solutions to his many competing scheduling and travel needs and priorities. This person will be an excellent communicator who is comfortable engaging with diverse stakeholders. They will love working collaboratively with others, and feel that it comes naturally to them to share information and problem-solve with colleagues and external stakeholders alike. This person will look forward to coming in daily and tackling a wide and ever-changing scope of scheduling inputs, conflicts and updates; they will enjoy logistics and demonstrate an exceptional ability to anticipate even the smallest details that could make or break a trip or a meeting. The position will report directly to the CEO.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Effective management of CEO’s Office to increase his impact and contributions
● Lead on all scheduling to ensure CEO’s time is aligned with his priorities.
i. Manage day-to-day internal and external scheduling, prioritizing and re-prioritizing and engaging with numerous stakeholders with a high level of care, urgency and sensitivity.
ii. Confirm and reconfirm all scheduled meetings; work closely with the relevant teams to determine next steps for meeting requests in order to ensure that critical meetings are secured.
iii. Develop and maintain CEO’s travel calendar including local (across at least
10 provinces) and international schedule
● Lead on all domestic and international travel arrangement
i. Project manage trips, setting up regular communications with staff members who are coordinating the visit to ensure an effective schedule and that the CEO has received and reviewed all relevant trip preparation materials
ii. Research and book transportation as well as accommodations, ensure appropriate location, costs, etc.
● Draft some correspondences (Thai and English) for the CEO for external and internal stakeholders
● Oversee the office’s budget and ensure expenditures are cost-effective and aligned the values of the organization
2. Effective operations of oversight body
● Lead the planning and project management of Board meetings (develop agendas, timing, travel, coordinate materials and etc)
● Work with CEO and Board Chair to prepare for meetings, and ensure that meeting minutes and any relevant documents are disseminated/followed up on after each meeting
● Support CEO with individual cultivation plan for each Board member on a quarterly basis, with the goal of deepening their engagement and understanding of the organization
● Draft communications on behalf of CEO and board members in their capacity to fully represent the organization
3. Support CEO’s on internal organizational priorities
● Coordinate internal leadership team meeting, team leads meeting, weekly all hands, and other internal methods designed to strengthen ways of working and increase our impact
● Lead and assist CEO’s projects, including fundraising, government relations activities, and classrooms/communities visit
● Bachelor’s degree required
● Minimum of 3-5 years relevant professional experience
● Fluency in Thai and English
● Belief in the potential of all children; alignment with Teach For Thailand’s core values
● A learning orientation – commitment to development and openness to feedback
● Generosity of spirit and a flexible, dependable nature
● Personal drive and energy to inspire and motivate colleagues and peers
● Proven ability to handle and effectively prioritize a high volume of work, and adapt to new information and changing priorities
● Ability to influence others to outcomes and a set a high bar for quality of work
● Ability to communicate effectively at the executive level (written, verbal, and presentation skills)
Salary for this position depends on prior experience. Benefits include social security, medical
insurance, a generous leave policy, and possible opportunities for travel. Additionally, there is ample
opportunity for professional development within the organisation as well as access to professional
development through the Teach For All global network.
Please send your resume and a one-page cover letter to our email and specify in
the subject line the position you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll match you to the most relevant Hospital Please provide some additional details for your application Almost there - Please provide some details about your job search in general