Responsible to: Deputy Head of Admissions
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 5.00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work is required e.g. for open days.
Main purpose of the job:
To support the Director of Admissions and Deputy Head of Admissions in the efficient execution of the School’s admissions process in order to recruit the highest calibre of pupils to Rugby School Thailand (RST).
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities:
This job description reflects the core activities of the role and is subject to change as the department and the post-holder develop. The School expects that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. In addition, the post-holder will be expected to undertake such other duties within the scope of the role as may be required by the line manager.
1. To answer telephone calls to the Admissions Office and to provide a welcoming and efficient point of contact between prospective parents and the School concerning all aspects of the admissions process for applicants and enquirers.
2. To follow up leads generated from enquiries and visits for the Pre-Prep, Prep School, Senior School and Sixth Form.
3. To be a point of contact for all enquirers and applicants by telephone, email, letter or in person.
Communication and Correspondence
1. To send relevant marketing and admissions materials to all enquirers promptly.
2. Under the direction of the Deputy Head of Admissions, to prepare all admissions-related correspondence (including after-visit emails, parent information pack), personalising wherever possible.
3. To conduct follow-up calls to parents who did not choose Rugby School Thailand School to inform future Admissions decisions.
4. To maintain up-to-date supplies of standard documentation relating to the admissions process.
5. In liaison with the Deputy Head of Admissions, to monitor, review and update the communications plan, suggesting refinements as needed.
1. Under the direction of the Deputy Head of Admissions to arrange for prospective parents to visit the Pre-Prep, Prep School and Senior School.
2. In conjunction with others, to organise and conduct tours of the Pre-Prep, Prep School and Senior School, recognising the crucial role that this time plays in student recruitment.
1. To assist the Deputy Head of Admissions and liaise with parents to arrange entrance assessments in the Pre-Prep, Prep and Senior Schools on the formal entrance examination days and with ad hoc arrangements outside this time.
2. To update the entrance assessment section of the admissions database and enter results.
3. Under the direction of the Deputy Head of Admissions, to liaise with academic staff regarding marking of ad hoc entrance assessments and to enter results onto the School’s database.
1. To maintain the admissions database for enquirers and applicants to the Prep, Pre-Prep and Senior Schools, with a particular dedication to maintaining timely, accurate and complete records.
2. To maintain accurate and up-to-date paper and electronic files for prospective students including an accurate record of the status of individual applications.
3. Under the direction of the Deputy Head of Admissions, to process application forms, acceptances, rejections, declines, etc, and maintain applicant data on the admissions database.
4. To help maintain all entry and waiting lists.
5. To prepare admissions data accurately recording a summary of the progress of all applications to the Pre-Prep, Prep and Senior Schools.
6. To support the Deputy Head of Admissions in the preparation of admissions data for all reports, including governors’ reports.
7. To ensure that all attendees to Admissions and Marketing events are accurately recorded on the database, to enable accurate analysis by the Director of Admissions and Deputy Head of Admissions, and to inform future recruitment strategy.
1. To assist the Deputy Head of Admissions with all communications with enquirers and applicants regarding admissions events (including mailing, bookings etc.)
2. To attend Admissions events, including:
3. To take a share of attending exhibitions, education fairs, feeder schools fairs as required.
4. To take a share in preparing materials needed for all events, as directed by the Deputy Head of Admissions.
Feeder Schools and Nurseries
1. To support the work of the Director of Admissions and Deputy Head of Admissions with the feeder school strategy.
2. To conduct mailings to feeder schools to promote admissions and other school events.
3. To maintain annual record of feeder school entrant numbers.
Scholarships and Bursaries
1. To be a point of contact for prospective students’ parents, sending them or directing them to relevant application forms, as well as communicating arrangements to parents as provided by the Deputy Head of Admissions.
1. Under the leadership of the Director of Admissions and Deputy Head of Admissions, to review all standard letters/emails on a regular basis to ensure the School is being portrayed in the best possible light, with the support of others.
2. To support the Admissions team and Marketing Manager with the production of appropriate admissions-based marketing materials.
3. To take a share in proof-reading all written materials.
Other tasks including:
1. To cover for the Deputy Head of Admissions when required (such as annual leave, or absence at admissions events) by responding to emails, undertaking tours and responding to telephone calls, emails, etc.
2. To assist the Deputy Head of Admissions with projects and tasks as necessary.
3. To undertake general office filing, photocopying and shredding as necessary.
Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll match you to the most relevant Hospital Please provide some additional details for your application Almost there - Please provide some details about your job search in general