Shrewsbury International School BangkokJob ID: BK-129618 | Location: Bangkor-laem, Bangkok, Thailand
Specification: (This appointment is for a Thai national only)
Applications will be considered as they arrive
Position Summary: The role of the Support Technician (Art Department) provides support to the Head of Art, Art Teachers in the Senior School and assist pupils. They ensure the smooth running of the Department.
General: Shrewsbury is one of South East Asia’s outstanding international schools, with enrolment of 1700 students from Early Years to Sixth Form, exceptional examination results and particular strengths in the creative arts, design and sport. The school itself enjoys a delightful and spectacular setting, right on the banks of the Chao Phraya River in the heart of Bangkok. The school is readily accessed by road and boats, which provide an easy and quick link to Bangkok’s Skytrain and the city centre. The link with Shrewsbury School UK (www.shrewsbury.org.uk) is taken very seriously and, year-on-year, develops into a world-class educational partnership.
Responsibilities: The Support Technician (Art Department) will:
• assist staff and students with work, including photocopying, arranging displays, photographing work and preparation of materials;
• assist with the running of the Department, ensuring that preparation is undertaken for all lessons, rooms are checked as requested by staff and rooms are prepared ready for lessons throughout the day;
• order and prepare all teaching materials required for schemes of work and examination work and other materials that may be required form time to time such as the occasional cutting and preparing of resistant material resources, e.g., class sets of lino blocks, canvasses, wooden boards, clay etc.;
• audit stock, record keeping and checking and storing deliveries of materials (in consultation with Head of Department) – Updating and reconciling Excel spreadsheet budget – Enquiries and routine communication with suppliers and to negotiate costing of resources;
• maintain resources, e.g., machinery, including routine repairs – Management of Health and Safety checks to all machines and studio environments;
• assist in maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the art rooms and to liaise with the Head of Art and School’s maintenance team with regards to any concerns;
• undertake appropriate training with regard to techniques, health and safety and any other areas that may be relevant to the role;
• record and maintain accurate records of data required for the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations and risk assessments for the safe use of any equipment or materials;
• provide technical advice to students as applicable. Supporting staff and pupils in the making of studio resolutions – Consultation on practical process and material limitations/possibilities – Physical involvement in support of making ambitious studio pieces (GCSE, AS and A Level);
• organise and supervise of and support for the End of Year Exhibition by GCSE, AS and A Level candidates and year-round whole school displays of artwork i.e. to assist with displays in the Art Department, Corridors and other areas within the school as needed;
• assist with the organization and administration of Art Department school trips. Ensuring that the first aid kit and lunches/snack and water has been packed;
• maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of school-related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information;
• support the department with parent workshops and meetings through administrative duties and organizing events;
• promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact with;
• in addition, the job holder will be expected to carry out any other duties commensurate with the post as may be reasonably required by the Head of Art;
• the job holder will be responsible for ensuring that their working knowledge and skill base is kept up-to-date, to ensure that they can support the Art Department appropriately.
Shrewsbury International School is committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to
How to Apply:
The application is preferably in English so please select the application for Online Application Form (English Language Version).
Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll match you to the most relevant Hospital Please provide some additional details for your application Almost there - Please provide some details about your job search in general