International Labour Organisation, United NationsJob ID: BK-133046 | Location: Pranakorn, Bangkok, Thailand
Publication date: 10 September 2019
Application deadline (midnight Bangkok time): 9 October 2019
Vacancy no.: RB/BANGKOK/GS/2019/01
Job ID: 1747
Department: RO-Asia and the Pacific
Organization Unit: RO-Asia and the Pacific
Contract type: Fixed Term
The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to local recruitment regulations and Article 4.3 of the ILO Staff Regulations. The ILO may only offer a contract to persons who have a valid residency status and work permit in Thailand.
The following are eligible to apply:
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade. The entry level salary for this position is Baht860,771.-yearly.Organizational Setting
This position is located in the Regional IT Unit, located in the Regional Administrative and Finance Section of the ILO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific. This work unit provides technical and procedural IT support to staff and offices throughout the region.Main Purpose
As a team member, the incumbent provides senior level user support and is responsible for performing, completing and/or overseeing standard information and communications technology (ICT) support services in an effective, efficient and client oriented manner. Work is performed in a range of areas encompassing end user assistance, managing active directory (AD) objects, managing and maintaining office equipment, organizing and maintaining shared drive data, supporting software deployment, and monitoring and supporting local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN). Work requires the correct application of ICT-related rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines. The incumbent provides inputs for the improvement of ICT services.
The position works under the supervision of the Regional Information Technology Officer. Supervision received is focused on facilitating service delivery and that agreed results are achieved. Supervision is to ensure that work is coordinated and in compliance with regional IT guidance and completed within agreed timelines. Work assignments are carried out under minimum supervision with the incumbent operating with a high degree of independence in delivering ICT services. Work is reviewed for feasibility of recommendations and correctness of end results. For issues of a non-routine and intricate nature, the incumbent makes recommendations to and seeks the approval of the IT Officer designated by the Regional Office.Working Relationships
Internal contacts are with staff and managers in field offices, project locations, regional office and headquarters to provide ICT support and guidance for the resolution of non-routine issues and problems related to ICT service delivery in compliance with applicable standards. The incumbent regularly liaises with and seeks and receives guidance from the IT Officer designated by the Regional Office.
External contacts are primarily with ICT service providers and counterparts in United Nations (UN) agencies and other international organizations to coordinate and follow up on pending issues. The incumbent shares information and anticipates and contributes to resolving ICT-related support matters.Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Undertake and complete a range of ICT support functions related to software and hardware deployment, organizing and maintaining shared drive data, AD object management, LAN and WAN support, end-user support and ensuring compliance with applicable standards.
2. Troubleshoot desktop and application-related problems (on-site and using remote support technologies) in compliance with established escalation procedures. Draft user guides and how-to documents and provide assistance and training to end users. Log tickets, including on technical problems with external service providers and follow up to ensure resolution of underlying service issue.
3. Keep abreast of changes to ICT rules, regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines and processes. Evaluate and propose improvements to work methods and processes to the IT Officer designated by the Regional Office. Provide guidance and deliver training to staff with the view to building knowledge and reinforcing the need to observe ICT standards. Participate in ICT-related meetings and workshops. Oversee and guide the delivery of ICT-related support work.
4. Based on information provided by HR and/or responsible staff in the office, manage user accounts ensuring their timely creation, maintenance and end-dating in accordance with the contractual status of staff. Store and maintain user details in the AD and verify accuracy on a regular basis. Review and clean up unnecessary computer objects in the AD to ensure license compliance.
5. Manage replacement and maintenance of ICT hardware and software. Deploy most recent image on ILO official PCs and ensure they are running official antivirus software. Clean personal computers (PCs) of viruses and spyware upon instruction from HQ. Manage the PC hardware inventory ensuring that all PCs are accounted for and that old equipment is removed from the official inventory in accordance with HQ recommendations. Ensure adherence to hardware standards. Deploy and configure official mobile phones and tablets. Configure PCs to run the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and other enterprise applications.
6. Ensure efficient data organization and timely maintenance. Grant access rights to file systems and applications through groups based on established naming conventions and standards. Clean up file systems. Inform staff of mailbox and file system quotas and assist them with compliance. Assist users to remove unnecessary personal data files and duplicates. Back up application data stored on non-centralized infrastructure in compliance with applicable standards.
7. Ensure that software on Office hardware is licensed and maintained. Deploy software through the System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) and create and use test plans to control the quality of ICT software and version changes. Create group policy objects and SCCM application packages. Remove inappropriate software. Remove and replace legacy software as it becomes obsolete. Troubleshoot performance problems for enterprise and cloud applications, seeking guidance from the IT Officer designated by the Regional Office as required.
8. Monitor the office’s Internet consumption through usage statistics. Assist regional and/or HQ IT teams to address problematic connectivity issues. Monitor excessive bandwidth consumption and seek guidance from the responsible IT Officer designated by the Regional Office as appropriate. Prepare inputs, run reports and extract, compile and present data to support analysis and reporting needs.optional section (only if needed)
9. Monitor daily the continued availability of WAN accelerator functionality. Install WiFi access points and configure network switches securely and in accordance with applicable network architecture standards. Ensure the physical environment (electricity, cooling, cabling, isolation) is appropriate for housing the firewall, WAN accelerator, Internet arrivals, network switches, servers and any additional storage managed locally.
10. Provide other ICT support services including setting up video conference equipment, organizing logistics for deployment of ICT hardware in support of meetings.
11. Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Completion of secondary school education. Training in a range of IT user support service areas.Experience
Minimum of six years of IT work experience in a range of support functions.Languages
Excellent command of an official language (English, French, Spanish) of the Organization. Working knowledge of another official language of the Organization or an official national language of the duty station.Knowledge and Competencies (technical/behavioural)
Knowledge of ICT security principles and practices.
Knowledge of operating systems, enterprise applications and ITIL processes.
Knowledge of the substantive nature of ILO programmes and activities.
Excellent knowledge of PC software (including word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software) such as Microsoft Office.
In addition to the ILO core competencies [Integrity and transparency, Sensitivity to diversity, Orientation to learning and knowledge sharing, Client orientation, Communication, Orientation to change, Takes responsibility for performance, Quality orientation, Collaboration], this position requires:
Ability to interpret and work within the applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Ability to adapt quickly to new software and systems.
Ability to follow incident management processes.
Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Confidentiality and a sense of responsibility to maintain data integrity.
Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
Starting salary: Baht860,771.- per annum
Allowances & benefits: Affiliation to the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund
Affiliation to the ILO-ITU Staff Health Insurance Fund
30 working days of annual leave
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website at https://jobs.ilo.org. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll match you to the most relevant Hospital Please provide some additional details for your application Almost there - Please provide some details about your job search in general