Ascend Group Co., Ltd.Job ID: BK-213009 | Location: Prakanong, Bangkok, Thailand
Our Ascend vision is to create life opportunities with innovative digital services. We are blessed to be operating in ASEAN, where we are able to help one of the world’s largest populations of underbanked, the people from some of the poorest provinces who are disregarded by traditional banks. So many lives are waiting for our help.
In 2017, we served over 30 million customers in 6 countries (Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines), and processed over 4.5 billion USD. This makes us by far the largest fintech company in SE Asia, and growing quickly.
As a member of our Software Architect team, you will be helping to bring this vision to reality by leveraging software development practises to build product for millions of Wallet customer. You will be researching, innovating and coding new things. As well as coaching the engineering team to boost up development skills to build product with quality. At Ascend, you will be part of an enthusiastic team who are directly responsible for improving the lives of millions.
- Define all aspects of software development, roadmaps, guidelines, standards and communicate to engineers, quality assurance and operation teams
- Develop high level system design with attention to system integration and microservice architecture
- Possess an understanding of cloud-native architectures, and be familiar with implementations involving service discovery, circuit breakers, client side load balancing, and other architectural patterns related to elastic infrastructure
- Partnering with engineers across the organization to leverage software engineering practises, concepts and standards in product development
- Identify emerging technologies and best practises, research and develop prototypes and promote to production
- Participate in, and help create, a company culture which attracts, retains, and coaches other engineers/architects. The primary deliverable is to build more successful engineers
Essential Skills & Prerequisites
- A positive, can-do attitude, who naturally expresses a high degree of empathy to others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience. We are more interested in passion for technology and what you are capable of, than we are academic qualification
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience in building mission critical applications from scratch, and decomposing monolithic applications into smaller services
- Good communication skills, abilities to discuss with technical and non-technical people, present ideas and motivate people
- Experience with a broad mix of technologies, including a strong subset of:
- Core Java 8,9, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, NetflixOSS
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, EnterpriseDB, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, ELK)
- Messaging or streaming middleware such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Cloud platform such as AWS or GCP
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Experience with distributed architectures, SOA, microservices and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Experience with Agile and Test Driven Development (TDD) methodologies.
- Familiarity with containers and their technologies such as Docker
- Familiarity with container orchestration technologies such as Mesos and Kubernetes
- Experience with high availability, high-scale, and performance systems.
Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll match you to the most relevant Hospital Please provide some additional details for your application Almost there - Please provide some details about your job search in general